Project goal —
- modernize, improve accessibility, and internationalize higher education in the physical sciences and environmental protection in Kazakhstan and Russia
- review the latest research, best practices, and emerging technologies in Europe in the field of sustainable waste management
- to bring together industry cooperation in defining competencies in new curricula, as well as in the latest approaches to curriculum development
- integrate entrepreneurship and innovation methods into training modules
- select the best pedagogically appropriate e-learning tools for each learning objective, including collaborative proficiency testing, brainstorming, feedback gathering, and knowledge testing
- create eight modules of online learning on sustainable waste management (each university will build one or two modules of 6-9 ECTS)
The training provided for the creation of curricula, e-learning technologies and pedagogy will contribute to the renewal of education in sustainable waste management in accordance with European and global standards. The new online learning modules will offer students flexible and inclusive learning courses, the introduction of innovative methods and industrial-educational collaboration issues will provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge needed in productive activities. These modules, as well as the new and upgraded sustainable waste management curricula built into the project, will educate incoming master's students, as well as consistent and continuous training for those involved in industry in sustainable waste management to address environmental impacts in both partner countries. Closer university-industry collaboration and the integration of collaboration between all universities into training modules will begin to develop mutually beneficial innovations, new ways of collaboration and funding in the future. You can find more information at the link to our project website.